The Woking electrical control room was built in 1936 by Swedish firm Asean for Southern Railways. Used as a control centre after the electrification of the line, the room was taken out of use in the late 1990s, although parts of the building remain occupied.
The space has many striking Art Deco features including four copper and iron uplighters, track diagrams with working lights and switches, and the original control desk.
Please note: This building is Grade II listed, and access to the site is restricted. Only projects with longer lead-in times may be considered.
Subject to a minimum rental period. Due to lead-in time and safety requirements, only productions in bands B and C should apply.
Woking electrical control room
91 Wych Hill Park